Powered by Blogger.

Jun 8, 2012

Beauty Routine

Beauty Routine



Aging, ugh, I hate what it's doing to my face.  Ever since I've hit my mid forties I have noticed a lot of changes to my face.  My skin is very dry in certain areas and greasy in others.  It seems like whatever moisturizer I use, my chin looks dry and flaky.  I decided to go buy a new moisturizer and foundation to try and solve this problem.  

I definitely don't buy cheap when it comes to my face.  I think it all started when I was fourteen and my mom took me to buy makeup for the first time.  We went to a department store and she bought me a Clinique moisturizer and a few other things.  My mom told me to put moisturizer on my face everyday and I did.  

I went to Sephora the other day and told the sales girl about my problem areas. I told her I only wear foundation on my nose, chin and around my mouth, and I needed some coverage (I have some rosacea).  She starts trying different moisturizers, primers, oils, foundations, the works!  Nothing was working, she would put the foundation on my chin and all this dry, flaky skin would appear.  
I read about the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Moisturizer in a magazine and wanted to try it.  Now, the last time I used any Clinique products I was in my twenties.  I thought it was only for young skin.  I loved the Moisture Surge's creamy, gel like consistency and it felt great on my skin.  
Next, she decided to try a tinted moisturizer instead of regular foundation or concealer.  She tried Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturize SPF 20 Oil Free and it worked great.  I didn't get the dry flaky skin anywhere and it had great coverage.
On those rare nights when my husband and I get a date night I will go for more coverage and use Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk Foundation, it is a bit pricey but it will last me at least a year.  

Those days when I have a pimple or extra redness I will use Benefit Boi-ing Concealer to cover it up.  It also has a nice creamy consistency and does not make my chin flaky.

Now those of us of a certain age should try to keep our skin looking young and dewy but not oily.  I love Giorgio Armani's Loose Powder for my oily forehead and nose.

I also have been using Nars Blush, in Orgasm or Deep Throat (yes, that's their names) since it first came out, which was years ago.  I love that it has a slight shimmer to give me that dewy look with no sparkles in it so I don't look like a teenager.    

I think eyebrows are often overlooked but can make a huge difference on the way we look.  Some girls need to lighten their eyebrows (ask your hairdresser) while some of us should darken them.  Girls should have their eyebrows shaped, it can be an instant eye lift for some of us.  Since I have almost no eyebrows I use an angled brush and a soft brown eye shadow to color them in.  

Would you be impressed if I told you I could do all of the above in less than 10 minutes?  Seriously, ask my husband.  

Hmm... I thought I was low maintenance... Guess not!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest