Powered by Blogger.

Jun 22, 2012

Let Me Blow Ya Mind


I understand... some of us are born with nice, easy hair and some aren't so lucky.      For those of you who aren't born with the hair they want there are lots of ways to make it look great without much effort.  

A good hairstyle starts with a great haircut.  Color also helps give your hair body if you have fine hair and if you want it to look thicker and fuller.  If your hair is frizzy or a little too curly there are many different keratin/brazilian blowouts that make the hair so soft, shiny and frizz free.  (Even though many brazilian blowout products work so much better with formaldehyde in them, I will never use them.  Why breathe fumes that are bad for you?)
The shampoo, conditioner and hairstyling products you use also make a HUGE difference on how your hair looks. 

 I get lots of friends asking me how do I style my hair.  I always tell them how easy it is.  They usually think that because I'm a hairdresser I spend all this time styling my hair and that it is too hard for them to do it on themselves.  The truth is I really don't like to spend time styling my own hair.  I like my hair messy and low maintenance!  
Here's how the magic happens!

My hair was really straight until I had my kids.  Now it has a slight wave in it, the more product I use the wavier and bigger my hair gets.  By the third day of not washing my hair, it is straight and flat.  
First thing is, I never comb my hair out.  It keeps my waves clumped together.  People with curly hair should only comb their hair when they have conditioner in it.  After they rinse it out there should be no more combing, if you have to get tangles out then use your fingers.  This will keep your curls clumped together and make chunkier curls instead of frizzy, skinny curls.  

First, I comb just my bangs straight down, and then spray on a lot of Davines No.14 Sea Salt Primer.   



Photo bomb by my son Alex!
Yes, I took all these pictures of myself with my iPhone.
Next I use a creamy pomade.  Right now I'm using American Crew Forming Cream but I use lots of different pomades.  Usually whatever my hubby is using.  Put a little on your hands and rub together.


Now, DO NOT put your hands on the top of your head, you will end up with a grease pit on top of your head!  Always apply oil-based products from the bottom of your hair up.  Just grab clumps of hair all over your head.  

Next, I blow out my bangs with a big round brush.  Even though I have those side swept bangs I always blow-dry my bangs straight down.  That prevents any crazy bumps or cowlicks.  Oh, for you youngsters, that thing next to my round brush is a diffuser.  If you had a perm in the 80's like I did then you remember the diffusers.  You need to get one; they can make straight hair into nice wavy hair.



 The diffuser is like a cup with fingers, just scoop up your hair in it while it dries.  Keep it moving so you don't burn your hair!


Here's what it looks like before I swoop my bangs over with my hands. (Remember, no brush!)

Ta-Da! Here is my finished look.  Pretty easy, right? 


Any questions just leave a comment and I'll answer it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest