Powered by Blogger.

Jul 12, 2012

Vacation's... All I Ever Wanted

I LOVE when the kids are on summer break!  I do, I love sleeping in, going to the beach, and going out of town.  I especially love not having to do my morning chaos routine of getting the kids up, fed and out the door to school.  I also get excited planning our summer vacations.  Right now I am planning our 2300-mile road trip to Portland and back down the coast to L.A. 
(I know it sounds crazy, but I'll talk about that trip another time).  
I always like to talk to people who have actually been to the place I'm visiting so I can get a good recommendation on where to stay.  The one place I love to go to even if it's 110 degrees is Palm Springs.  We go a few times a year and have stayed in many different places (depending if we have kids or what age they are).  The rates are super low in the summer. Here are the places I've stayed and why I love them.

Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villas

When my kids were both 10 and under we always stayed at the Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villas. This hotel is great because all the rooms have one or two bedrooms, a kitchen and living room.  The best thing about the Shadow Ridge is that it has a wading pool and fountain (for the toddlers), a water slide, movie theater and game room for the bigger kids.  If my kids are busy having fun than I get to relax and lie on a lounge chair, and sip on a margarita.  There is also a golf course, basketball court, gym, restaurant and movies on a big screen at the pool at night.  Oh, and there are so many beautiful golf courses for my husband to play at.  

the pool






The Westin Mission Hills Villas

Now that my kids are fourteen and eleven years old, we have been staying at the Westin Mission Hills Villas.   There aren't as many families with babies here like the Shadow Ridge.  The villas are great because they have a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen.  It's nice to be able to eat breakfast and lunch in your room.  The villas also have their own pool and water slide that the hotel guest can't use. The hotel is nice too but the rooms don't come with a kitchen and are a lot smaller.  The hotel also has a pool, waterslide and cabanas (cabanas are much cheaper at the villas).  What we love about the hotel is that they have this nice outdoor fire pit, bar area with a pool table.  My husband and I can have our cocktails and play pool with the kids all night.  My kids love that the hotel has a huge game room with a few pool tables, ping-pong tables, WII, Xbox, computers, and other games.  There are also BBQ's for you to use and a few playgrounds and putting greens for the kids.


hotel pool

outdoor fire pit and the pool table is to the right

villa water slide

villas

Now, here is where the real fun happens!  Yes, I love my children and love going on vacation with them but my husband and I need our alone time too.  This is where we go without the kids. 


It's cool, it's hip and there aren't a lot of kids.  Need I say more? 




The Parker Palm Springs

I just booked my first trip to The Parker Palm Springs and I am so excited!  My gorgeous friend Brendan, whom I stand next to at the salon, is always talking about how amazing The Parker is.  With its Jonathan Adler decor and beautiful grounds, I'm sure it will be amazing.  Just my smokin' hot husband and I will be going without the kids.  We will need it after spending ten days on the road with them.  I'll let you know how our weekend at The Parker turns out.









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest