Powered by Blogger.

Oct 15, 2012

Cheap & Chic Day 13 A Ziggur-What?


Yeah, that's what I said when Emma told me we had to make a Ziggurat out of a cake.  I have to admit that I am the least crafty person you will meet and I am kind of proud of it.  I use to use the excuse that I was a boy mom so I didn't need to be cute and crafty.  Then I had Emma and thank God she's a tomboy!  I warned her about her mother's lack of crafty skills.  I told her that other kids would go to school with cakes looking like something from Food Network.  She said she didn't care as long as we had fun doing it together.  Love that girl!  Well here's how we spent our Sunday.  We made a big mess, but we had a blast.  By the way, Emma's teacher told the kids to do this project without spending a lot of money on craft supplies.  I was so glad because it is really scary for a non-crafty person like me to walk into a Michael's Craft store! (and holy crap that line is crazy, you crafter's know what I'm talking about)



We made two cakes and I also made some rice crispy treats to use for the stairs but we didn't use them.  Can you believe that was the first time I ever made Rice Krispy Treats?  I also have never made or tried Meatloaf!  



Emma frosting the Ziggurat.



Ta- Da! The Ziggurat!



 Then we had to clean up the huge mess we made!  I'm glad the hubby was on a business trip!   


Later that night my sis and I went to see SBTRKT at Club Nokia.  AMAZING show, the tickets were only $40 and we had seats in VIP! We didn't have to stand with all the twenty year olds in general admission.  
Fun weekend but now I am soooo tired!  Can't wait to go to work tomorrow so I can have a break!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...