Powered by Blogger.

Oct 3, 2012

Cheap & Chic Day 3, My Wardrobe Basics for Fall



Yes, I am so lucky that I get to wear whatever I want to work!  Since I am a hairstylist in West Hollywood, I have to look stylish when I go to work.  I also have to be comfortable because I am on my feet 10 hours a day cutting, coloring and blow-drying.  

I would call my style Tomboy Chic, I hardly ever wear dresses or anything girly.  I usually wear jeans or cords and a v neck t-shirt.  I don't stray to far from that uniform.  I also don't like being to matchy perfect (is that a word?), I always have only part of my shirt tucked in and I try not to match my jewelry.  The problem with being a hair colorist is that you almost always get hair color or bleach on your clothes and ruin them so I don't want to spend too much money on them. 

 Here are my wardrobe staples for fall.  I bought two pairs of the same ripped up skinny jeans (don't do the boyfriend cut unless your a size two, they look way too saggy on your rear end and that's not cute) and two pairs of cords, one brown and one grey, at the Gap.  The Gap was having their buy one get one half off so I couldn't pass it up. 

Now that I have my basics I add sweaters, blazers, jewelry and scarves and mix it all up.  The thing I do splurge on are my purse and shoes, they definitely make the outfit. If I find a stylish, low heeled, comfortable shoe I will buy it regardless of the cost (well almost, and don't tell my husband).  I also love a nice bag; I usually carry the same purse for over a year so if I divided the cost by how many days a year I use it only cost a few cents (well that's my crazy reasoning).  
Here are a few of the pieces I bought for fall, I didn't get the bag but it's super cute.  My t-shirts are almost always from Target and my pants from the Gap.  I did buy these super cute Sam Edelman booties from Nordstrom's and I'll probably wear them everyday to work.  




Cheap & Chic fall 2012 style

Cheap & Chic fall 2012 style by michelejonietz featuring genuine leather jackets

Here's what you will usually find me wearing to work.  Found these on Pinterest where you can follow me here.





I will definitely be trying to find a pair of royal blue high tops to wear this fall.  Yeah, I know I'm 45 but I like this look!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. The blazer! I need a blazer...I've finally decided. I've been putting it off because it's so hot here {South Florida} and I don't want to look too "office-y," but the blazer rocks. So...adding that to my list. Cute round-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just bought a bright red one at the Gap on sale for like $20. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your blog. I'm what you would call fashion challenged. It's so bad that sometimes my five year old BOY will say you're not wearing that are you. Sandy Bowman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Don't worry, my daughter says the same thing to me!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I think I have a very similar style!! And I agree on the quality shoes and bag...with how much wear they incur a little splurge is worth it!
    love, love, love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...