Powered by Blogger.

Oct 5, 2012

Dining Room Makeover on a Small Budget

I would consider myself a wanna be interior decorator.  I love looking at home decor magazines and you should see how many home decorating boards I have on Pinterest.  When we bought our house 10 years ago, it looked like it was still living in the 1960's.  My kitchen is still stuck in the 60's with its baby blue tile and avocado green appliances!  Yuck! 

 We have been slowly tackling one room at a time.  I didn't want to spend too much money redoing my dining and living rooms because I eventually want to tear down walls, add larger sliding glass doors and all new floors throughout.  Mucho dinero!  I decided for now I would just paint and add some art.  

Now, I LOVE color and I'm not afraid of it.  You can always change it whether it is on your walls or on your hair.  Every room in my house has at least one colored wall.  I even let my daughter paint her room black, as you can see a little here.  My son painted his room black and red and it looks really good, doesn't it?
shhh... don't tell Alex you saw his room.

Back to my dining room.  First, I painted one wall my favorite color...ORANGE and the other three white.  

Then I added some art that my son made when he was three years old.  I matted and framed them and look how great they look.  That light fixture you see used to be baby blue with green crystals.  I took off the crystals and spray painted it a matte white.  

Here is a piece my daughter did in preschool that I framed.



The painting is a real piece of art I got from my friend.  Then I mixed in more of Alex's art he made in middle school.  






The art on the right is the tape art my daughter made for me.  You can see how to do it here it's really easy.


See how a little paint and some art your kids make can make a room look so hip.  I usually paint the rooms myself because when inspiration hits I just have to do it, even if it's 9 pm!  

So, what do you think?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I really like it! Its amazing how awesome your kids art looks all framed and neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and they love telling people that they did the artwork!

      Delete

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...