Powered by Blogger.

Oct 7, 2012

I Love an Organized Office!



Well, I can't believe it's day seven on the 31 Days of Cheap & Chic.  Check out all the other blogs that are participating here on Nesting Place.  I have to admit that it's been a challenge for me to find the time to create a post everyday.   It has been a little crazy over here at our house with soccer season starting, kids back in school, work has been crazy busy and we have a few family things going on.  I'm proud of myself for keeping up with it.  

My Frenchy holds my headphones I use when I think I'm a DJ making a new playlist. Yeah, Yeah.
So on to my post... as I told you I am very impulsive when it comes to redecorating my house.  Once I get an idea I need to make it happen which usually means I'm going to the paint store.
 Last Christmas break I wanted to makeover the side of my kitchen that had an ugly small desk with our computer on it and not much storage.  We moved our computer to the kitchen a few years ago when the kids were using it everyday.  I have a room that used to be my office but it is at the very back of the house. Since I am usually on the computer (I don't really watch TV except when Modern Family is on) I wanted to be near the family.  

I got some money for Christmas and decided to go to IKEA and buy a new desk, file cabinets, shelves, a chair and storage unit.  First I painted two walls grey and the other one white.  Then I had my hubby put all the IKEA furniture together and roll it into the kitchen.  All of this furniture cost less than $400 and now I am more organized with all the storage and file cabinets I have at my reach. 
My office, everything except for the Mac was bought at IKEA.  Oh, and my Frenchy!


Orange cardboard boxes organize our chargers, headphones, notebooks, and my party ideas and recipes.


We pulled a few charging cords through the computer hole in the desk so we can plug in our phones, iPad, kindle, and iPods.    


My shelves hold my cookbooks and storage boxes.
and more cookbooks
 

My inspiration board and some pics of my mom who passed away when I was twenty-three.  She always inspires me.  On the left is the file box I share with Rob.  


Here is the final project.  I love being organized, don't you?


    
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow tis what I call organized!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try Odile, but you should have seen it before I took the picture!

      Delete

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...