Powered by Blogger.

Nov 28, 2012

The ten things I will always do

Dad, Mom, Julie, Michael and I
It's been a strange few months for us around the Jonietz home.  I don't mean to be a downer but I need to write this.  We have had four friends and family members, who were close to us, pass away in the last few months and it's been sad and really quite unbelievable.  When someone you are close to dies young and unexpectedly, it totally changes the way you choose to live your life.  
When my mom died suddenly at forty-five years old of an aneurysm it broke my sister and brother's hearts and mine.  It also totally changed the way I would choose to live my life.  It made me realize that life can be really short so live it without regrets and LOVE BIG!

Here are ten things I will always try to do:

1. I will always say,"I love you" to my loved ones and will tell my kids I love them a hundred times a day. I don't care how many times they say, "Mom, I know!"
  
2. I will hug you goodbye because I'm not sure if we will see each other again.

3. I never sweat the small things, it is sooo not important.  Listen, I've been sued, audited by the IRS, had two computers crash with years of business accounting on them and thousands of other things happen when you own a business and I made it through it all.  As long as my family and friends are healthy, what else could possibly matter?

4.  I will always bring people together with parties or dinners or plan nights out.  I don't care if my house is a mess or I have to get $5.00 pizza.  I don't care that I have lived in this house for over ten years and haven't replaced my ugly blue shag carpet and my pink tiled bathroom.  What matters is that my friends and family are together, laughing and having fun. 

5. I will try not to judge you and will try to love you regardless of what you may think of me (or what I might think of you). 

6.  I won't ever take you for granted.

7.  I will always be honest with you and will always tell it like it is, but I will always have your back.

8. I will tell you anything about myself; I will share my most embarrassing moments and my most heartbreaking times.  I will talk about sex, love, marriage, raising kids and Christianity and I won't argue with you if we disagree.  Sharing our life experiences can really help others and we can learn from each other. 

9. I will always and I mean always, try to lift and inspire the women I come in contact with everyday.  I know how lucky I was to be raised by two loving parents who also told me a hundred times a day that they loved me and told me how beautiful and special I was.  

10. I will love you unconditionally, even if you can't love me back.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Its been awhile, I hope you're doing well. Im sorry to hear about your losts :(. This was a sweet post by the way. Bless you girl,
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! I feel so out of touch with my blogging world. I think I read that you took a little break too. I always appreciate your comments! Take care girl! xo michele

      Delete
  2. I love this post Michele.. and you ..

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest