Powered by Blogger.

Dec 12, 2012

Is It Spaghetti?


The holiday, crazy time is here and I barely have time to make dinner for my family.  I need meals that are easy, healthy and quick.   This one is really easy and pretty healthy but if you want it to be quick than cook the spaghetti squash in advance.  


First I microwaved the whole spaghetti squash for about 5 minutes because it was so hard I couldn't cut it.  Then I cut it in half, put it on a cookie sheet and baked it for about 35 minutes at 375 degrees. 

pretty good shot, holding a squash in one hand and a camera in the other
This is what it looks like when it is done, you can easily scrape out the noodles with a fork and it looks like spaghetti.


 I've been on a Brussels sprouts kick lately (yeah, that's how you spell it, I didn't know it had that extra "s" at the end of Brussels).  Rob and I HATED them when we were kids but maybe because our moms boiled or steamed them, they were nasty tastin!  Well a friend of mine said to roast them in the oven and they were sooooo good, I swear!  Just cut off the stems and cut them in half, spray some olive oil on a cookie sheet and put the Brussels sprouts on it.  Then I spray a little more olive oil on top and sprinkle some sea salt and pepper.  I also added some Kale because Emma loves it and not the sprouts.  I cooked them for around 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  I like them really done, it kind of gives them a nutty flavor.  


Back to the spaghetti squash; I sauteed some onion and spinach in olive oil and sliced up some organic turkey sausage and added it to the onion.  Then I added a little Alfredo sauce (Alex doesn't like tomato sauce) to the sausage, spinach and onions.  I mixed the spaghetti squash with some spaghetti noodles and put the sauce on top. 


Don't my Brussels sprouts look good?

Bon Appetit


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. It does look good! A very interesting combination. I want to try roasting the brussel sprouts. It's been awhile since I've tried them...they always tasted bitter to me, but you''ve convinced me to try them again. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest