Powered by Blogger.

Dec 17, 2012

What Is Christmas About?



I see way too many people stressing out over this time of year.  Too much to do, buy, decorate, and bake.  Why is that so important?  Does that stuff really matter?  Not really.  

It's not about the tree.
It's not about the decorations.
It's not about the presents.
It's not about the parties.
It's not about the food.

It's about Love.
It's about God's Love for us.
It's about spending time with those you Love.
It's about sharing Love with those who are going through a hard time.

So instead of decorating my tree and putting all my Christmas decor out I am going to go hear my niece sing; have dinner out with my son; do an art project with my daughter; have a glass of wine with my girlfriends, and have a date night with my husband.

I will never stress about having Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner at my house.  If I overcook the prime rib again it will still be a great evening because my whole family will be together to enjoy my burnt prime rib.  

So don't drive yourself crazy with all the Christmas fluff.  Enjoy spending time with those you love.

"Three things will last forever- faith, hope and love- and the greatest of these is love."
I Corinthians 13:13 NLT







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest